- The Mobile Threat Defense market continues to have organic growth. Beyond a unified endpoint management (UEM) security add-on, MTD is also used to address use cases such as mobile phishing, bring your own device (BYOD), app vetting and compliance.
- Mobile Threat Defense (MTD) solutions prevent or detect threats against iOS and Android platforms by employing a variety of techniques, including machine learning and behavioural analysis based on mobile threat intelligence.
- Enterprises are still fine-tuning their risk perception and maturity around mobile. While they start to recognize the value of MTD solutions, they do not show particular urgency to adopt them.
To address mobile risks, security and risk management leaders should:
- Introduce MTD solutions gradually. Adopt Mobile Threat Defense solutions sooner in high-security verticals, with large Android device fleets, or in regulated verticals, such as finance and healthcare.
- Leverage app vetting and device vulnerability management MTD functionality first to demonstrate immediate value to the organization.
- Integrate the MTD solution with the UEM tool. Prefer app-based deployment, leaving proxy-based deployment options for corporate-owned business-only (COBO) scenarios.
Download the complete resource to read more.