The public cloud is maturing. It is powering business transformations across the globe. By utilizing infrastructure as a service (IaaS), businesses are driving digital transformation, empowering developers, and increasing customer engagement through mobile apps and social interactions.
Oracle Cloud Customers in this Digibook
The customers featured in this book include those who have migrated their existing applications (Oracle, third-party, and custom) and those who have deployed new applications.
We also describe customers who have benefited from subscribing to a single IaaS service to meet their more tactical needs, such as low-cost and high-reliability archive storage.
The motivations for IaaS adoption discussed in this book are organized into four key categories:
- Moving applications to the cloud
- Building performance-intensive workloads
- Using cloud-based archive storage
- Managing DevTest in the cloud
Understanding the Value of IaaS in the Enterprise
The key value drivers for IaaS adoption are diverse, yet fall primarily into three categories:
- Significantly reduce reliance on (and costs associated with) the on-premises corporate data center Some businesses are choosing to take an incremental approach to IaaS adoption, identifying common characteristics among workloads, and seeking to move them off premises.
- Use IaaS for specific initiatives Some businesses are more advanced in their cloud initiatives, pursuing a cloud-first strategy for all new application development, viewing IaaS as a core IT delivery model.
- All-in on cloud-native The availability of on-demand processing power, storage, and bandwidth has paved the way for companies to take a cloud-native (or IaaS-first) approach for all workloads.
Oracle has purpose-built a cloud that supports businesses at all of these stages. Additionally, we offer technologies that enable simplified migration and provisioning for key Oracle applications and databases, and a platform without expensive re-architecture efforts that enables business to move other applications to the cloud.
Oracle provides the infrastructure, tools, and services necessary to help our customers end-to-end with their cloud journey: workload migration, operations and management, and ongoing support. Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) provides customers with a cost-effective platform for achieving their desired business outcomes.
Oracle has an amazing cloud solution for small business. It’s highly reliable, affordable, and we have the convenience of a single vendor which will significantly simplify IT operations management. We’ll save money and reduce risk with better security and data backups done properly in the cloud. We can also scale easily and cost-effectively as we continue to grow.
You May Also Like To Read:
Top 5 Infrastructure as a Service providers in 2018