We have been coming across the term “digital transformation”. We hear a lot about how it has been reducing the gap between the IT and businesses. Before jumping to how it affects our business or how our approach towards digital transformation should be, let us first get to know what digital transformation means for business.
What is Digital Transformation?
Digital transformation is the adaptation of technology by businesses for various activities and processes. It enables the businesses to fully leverage the technologies to accelerate their processes.
Digital transformation includes certain IT objectives on the guidelines of which the transformation is carried out. These IT objectives are targets the businesses set for their complete digitization and are included in their digital transformation framework.
Objectives for Digital Transformation
For successful digital transformation, businesses need to set certain key objectives to follow. Here are 5 key IT objectives that companies need to set for successful transformation:
- Improve customer experience: Retaining and attracting more customers is always the number one priority for all businesses. Today’s world presents us with ample of methods to engage our existing and potential customers in various possible ways. These methods include all kinds of media like emails, social media, mobile apps, personalized content and much more. Regular follow-ups will be helpful in making sure our customers remain loyal to us.
- Transform business processes: Along with customer satisfaction, an equally important attribute is the ease in performing business. The business processes should be such as to reduce the friction in all possible areas as much as is possible. The smoother your business processes, the better it is for you to handle your customers and concentrate on the more important aspects of the business.
- Optimize infrastructure operations: It is up to the business owners to decide which digital services are mandatory for their businesses. But it is the responsibility of the IT team to decide how to integrate the new technologies with the existing resources for optimum usage if infrastructure operations.
- Utilize cloud services: Depending on the nature of business, the business owners can decide whether the utilizing cloud services can benefit them. It is then up to the IT team to make sure that the correct services are procured and at the right cost.
- Utilize analytics: Analytics is an important tool for business process. Analytics help you with keeping a check on the performance of the new improvements introduced in your business processes. Also, organizations need analytics to make sure the decision makers receive accurate reports at the correct time.
Digital Transformation Technologies
The next question is about the available technologies that can be used for the digitization process. There are a number of technologies that have emerged with that could aid the transformation process. The following are some of the technology options that the businesses use in the transformation process:
- Big Data
- Real-Time Analytics & Reporting
- Cloud Apps and Mobile Solutions
- IOT (Internet of Things)
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML)
Digital Transformation is not an overnight process. Yet, it has great to offer if implemented after proper calculation and analysis. But if given enough time and resources, the returns are surely worth the efforts.
You May Also Like to Read:
2018 Digital Trends: Creative and Design Leaders
What Is Customer Analytics? Why Is Customer Analysis Important?