Due to the pandemic, organizations allow their employees to run operations remotely. As a result, security becomes a critical concern for these businesses. Therefore, the best DevSecOps tools become a necessary addition for businesses to practice security integration.
Moreover, hackers and attackers constantly evolve to exploit businesses. Therefore, development teams need to evolve and so do their processes. As a result, they need to be more meticulous and integrate software security into DevOps.
Hence, this article delves into the best DevSecOps tools available for businesses. Although we must learn more about the term and the right way for businesses to implement it.
Learn about the Best DevSecOps Tools for Good Business Practices
DevSecOps is implementing security measures into integration, delivery, and deployment processes. Furthermore, it combines DevOps values with software security characteristics as a part of the development practice.
DevSecOps are similar to DevOps, in other words, it integrates organizational and technical practices. Moreover, DevSecOps amalgamates project management workflows and automates IT tools.
Further, DevSecOps tools are best known to incorporate active security audits and testing with agile development and DevOps workflows.
According to Gartner, “DevSecOps is the integration of security into emerging agile IT and DevOps development as seamlessly and as transparently as possible. Ideally, this is done without reducing the agility or speed of developers or requiring them to leave their development toolchain environment.”
Few important guidelines as per Gartner, to implement DevSecOps Tools:
- Firstly, it is important to introduce security practices throughout the software development process. As a result, it reduces the vulnerabilities in software code.
- Moreover, teams must ensure managing and monitoring the security activities.
- It is also important to note that teams invest in DevSecOps tools that adapt to developers and their requirements.
- Further, the best DevSecOps tools must prioritize eliminating critical vulnerabilities.
- Most importantly, automating security checks for every level of the software delivery. Hence, incorporating the best security controls, tools, and processes for DevSecOps workflows.
SonarQube is one of the best open-source DevSecOps tools that help developers through automation processes. It is also an automatic code review tool that detects bugs and vulnerabilities.
- It supports almost 30 programming languages.
- It also offers constant code inspection to identify bugs and fix vulnerabilities.
- Moreover, it integrates native workflows with a continuous code assessment throughout the execution of a project.
Aqua Security is one of the best cloud-native tools that offer security for a DevSecOps pipeline. Further, it also offers security solutions for containers and serverless cloud-native applications.
- It offers complete control over containerized environments.
- Further, it enables users to work with an API for simple integration and automation.
- It also offers SDLC controls to secure on-premise and cloud applications.
- Moreover, it executes its functions on Windows and Linux. Therefore, it maintains various orchestration environments.
Gauntlt is a command-line DevSecOps solution that is best known to combine various security tools. It also helps create an open-source testing framework.
- It improves collaboration within teams using its BDD (Behavior-driven development) syntax. Hence, it allows more readable and structured tests.
- Gauntlt attacks are also written in an easy-to-read language.
- Moreover, it is flexible and can incorporate an organization’s tools and processes.
- Therefore, it uses Unix standard error and standard out features to assess statuses after tests.
Checkmarx is one of the best DevSecOps tools to offer more flexible and accurate solutions. Moreover, it is capable of identifying more than a hundred vulnerabilities.
It also provides a Static Application Security Testing (SAST) tool to detect vulnerabilities. Therefore, developers depend on the tool to deliver, analyze, test, and secure applications.
- It allows more security for application delivery.
- It also combines security code analysis and testing into the development process.
- Moreover, it incorporates various CI/CD tools and environments.
Contrast Security is another one of the best DevSecOps tools to offer security solutions that continuously integrate applications and workflows. It provides Interactive Application Security Testing (IAST), a Runtime Application Self-Protection (RASP) solution, and Contrast Protect. Therefore, the solutions help execute security detection without scanning or scheduling.
- It provides continuous execution to integrate applications and workflows.
- Moreover, it uses Contrast Protect to solve vulnerabilities.
- It also detects unknown threats and alerts the security tool.
WhiteSource is an open-source DevSecOps tool that incorporates a DevOps Pipeline. Hence, it is easily adaptable with more than 200 programming languages. As a result, making it is more compatible with various tools and development environments.
- It enables automatic and continuous execution of tracking, licensing, and maintaining the quality of open source components.
- It also provides a comprehensive database for the open-source repositories. Therefore, offering real-time alerts and focusing on remediation.
- Most importantly, it identifies errors during the early stages. Hence, fixing them easily and at a much affordable cost.
Immunio is a cloud-based Runtime Application Self-protection (RASP) solution. It is one of the best DevSecOps tools as it aims to secure web applications from application-layer attacks.
- It protects applications built on servers, VMs, containers, cloud workloads, and serverless platforms.
- It also helps minimize design and deployment risks. Therefore, it eliminates the burden of security maintenance.
- Above all, it helps improve developer productivity and delivers a better experience to customers.
The best-of-breed DevSecOps tools integrate and automate processes that provide robust security features. Hence they improve the applications and CI/CD pipelines for more reliability.
A recent study shows that the DevSecOps market could reach $17.16 billion by 2027, with a CAGR of 30.76%.
You May Also Like to Read: