Cross Platform App Development Tools can be the future of mobile application development. Moreover, it provides startups to run multiple mobile platforms that will save cost and reduce development time.
Consequently, a recent study shows that there were more than 275 million smartphone users in the USA alone. Furthermore, 80% of these users spend their time on various mobile applications. Hence, the need for mobile application development is increasing in demand.
As a result, cross platform app development tools help developers build applications to run on various platforms. It also uses a single code system which helps release the product efficiently.
Hence, in this article, we will walk through the various cross platform app development tools that help businesses. Although before delving into the various solutions we must first understand the term Cross Platform Development.
Popular Cross Platform App Development Tools for Businesses
There are three techniques for software development: Native App, Cross Platform App, and Web App.
Cross Platform App development incorporates real apps on the smartphone and also users are unable to recognize if they are using native apps. Moreover, there is no requirement for businesses to hire different development teams. Also, iOS and Android apps use the same suite of tools.
Cross Platform App development tools cater to the requirements of any small to medium-size business. It is also comparable with third-party plugins and native codes while developing an app.
Further, there are two variations in cross platform app development:
- Native Cross Platform Mobile App Development: It is a combination of native and hybrid app development approaches. Above all, it works regardless of an intermediary on a smartphone. It also aims to build custom apps for various platforms with the same technology stack.
According to the Senior Director of Product Management at Sencha Gautam Agrawal states, “Given the exponential increase in the cost of per platform development and the need for rapid time to market, cross-platform development is the way to go for the enterprise.”
Therefore here are a few benefits of using cross platform app development tools businesses should know about:
- It leverages mobile cross platform development methods to build and deploy the application on different platforms. Hence, targeting both iOS and Android users by developing a single app and maximizing their reach.
- Moreover, it works on the concept of ‘write once, run everywhere’. Thus it allows reusable codes and agile app development with solutions to mitigate the cost during the development. As a result, enhancing business capabilities on various platforms in a cost-effective manner.
- Furthermore, with the development of only a single app that runs on multiple platforms, cross platform app development tools make it easier to maintain and deploy codes as well as changes.
- It is also easily synced on all platforms and devices which saves time and costs. Therefore, in case a common bug is discovered it is fixed at once.
- Additionally, the quick development process is another feature that cross platform app development tools offer. Hence, it decreases the efforts by 50 % to 80 % and provides a feature-rich business app.
- Above all, it is compatible with different plugins that are in the cloud settings. That is to say, a single source code coordinates with multiple plugins and extensions to improve scalability and efficacy on an app.
- It also enables app developers to decrease the Time-to-Market with faster deployment characteristics. Hence, the transformation and customization of apps make it easier for developers to perform minor changes in a single code.
- Most importantly, users can identify the UI elements and anticipate their interactions over multiple platforms. As a result, user experience is a crucial aspect that is considered for any application or software.
Xamarin is one of the most inclusive cross platform app development tools for mobile, desktop, and tablets. It also provides an Android quick-start and iOS quick-start that serves developers by building native UI components.
Also, back in 2016, Microsoft acquired Xamarin and then introduced Xamarin SDK. Moreover, it is a free tool that integrates enterprise features and utilizes Microsoft Visual Studios.
- Firstly, it supports languages like C#, F#, and the Razor template engine.
- Further, the new version has a lower disk impact that installs swiftly.
- It also provides a great visual experience for iOS and Android users.
- Above all, it enables an automatic Android SDK installation when the requirement arises.
React Native is one of the best cross platform app development tools for businesses. Moreover, it is an open-source tool initially developed by Facebook. Furthermore, it follows a “learn once, write everywhere” protocol while developing apps.
- It offers an emerging framework for quick prototyping at a high initial velocity.
- Further, the basics are easy to learn and make the app deploy faster in app stores.
- It also offers modular and intuitive architecture that uses advanced web technologies.
- Above all, it provides community-driven support for users.
Sencha is one of the easiest cross platform app development tools best for mobile apps. Moreover, it is similar to React Native in terms of functionality. Although, what differentiates the two is the use of the ExtJS framework in development.
Above, it offers a visual application builder for HTML5 along with the reusability of customer components. Hence, it helps the native application packager to manage distribution to Apple Store and Google Play.
- It enables developers to test and run applications on browser and mobile apps.
- It is also compatible with various cross platform tools like Adobe PhoneGap and develops high-functioning applications.
- Moreover, it enhances productivity for development teams by using IDE plugins.
- It also minimizes the cost of web app development and uses MVC architecture to create readable codes.
Apache Cordova offers solutions to the build process of various free cross platform app development tools. Therefore, PhoneGap provides a FOSS infrastructure that enables cross platform app development. Moreover, it is developed by the team that brought us, Apache Cordova.
- It supports in-application purchases for the iOS application store and the Google Play Store.
- It also provides a robust backend service to assist and enable beginners.
- Further, it is an open-source and easy-to-share solution.
- It also provides immense flexibility for developers.
Unity3D is one of the popular open-source cross platform web app development tools. It also provides an absolute solution for quality graphics. Moreover, it is an easy-to-use tool that offers features that cater to more than just mobile apps.
Additionally, it allows users to export apps and games to 17 platforms. Therefore, the platforms include iOS, Android, Windows, Xbox, PlayStation, Linux, Wii, etc.
- It monitors user analytics and shares the details of the app on social networks.
- It also enables users to join Unity Connect, a network of Unity3D developers. Hence, offering a user-friendly development environment.
- Moreover, it is a robust cross platform tool that offers a 3D engine.
- Above all, users can develop 3D game applications for mobiles, websites, consoles, etc.
Moreover, it provides users quality while developing the apps for any device or operating system. Hence, it develops the apps swiftly and simplifies the entire process.
- It provides access to Hyperloop, which is one of the best cross platform APIs for multi-platform app development.
- It also offers a schema-less database that includes Arrow DB to deploy data models with no setup efforts.
- Moreover, its Titanium framework makes it a cost-efficient solution.
- Above all, it includes cloud services that ensure the packing, distributing, and examining of apps.
5App is one of the most unique cross platform app development tools. Moreover, what makes it different is that it provides services to businesses in learning. That is to say, it caters to HR consulting companies that develop apps for employees.
- It is an easy-to-use solution for learning and communication.
- It also helps access information about resources and respective job profiles.
- Moreover, it supports learning programs and fosters a constant learning culture.
- Above all, it engages employees as an internal communication channel.
Flutter is a faster and dynamic cross platform mobile app development tool. It is an SDK that allows high-performance applications for multiple platforms. In addition, these platforms include iOS, Android, Web, etc.
- It offers solutions for developers that build iOS and Android applications in a single database.
- It also provides an affluent suite of material designs that allows high customization.
- Above all, it enables users to generate brand-driven designs for OEM widgets.
In conclusion, cross platform app development tools are efficient and now provide apps for Android and iOS. As a result, it paves the way for businesses to gain more ROI through app development.
You May Also Lie to Read: