Real user monitoring is a digital experience monitoring solution for tracking and optimizing end-user experience and website application performance proactively.
The RUM tools process your data from live-user sessions to generate accurate browser-user insights.
They provide granular visibility while monitoring user behavior and experience in real-time.
The real user monitoring tools also analyze the trends and third-party impact on your mobile, website, or webapp loading time.
Here, we have listed out the nine best real user monitoring tools for you
Formerly SOASTA, Akamai mPulse provides real user monitoring of web pages by tracking and measuring the end user’s data.
mPulse resolves performance issues by collecting data in real-time, directly from the browser in every user event. Its features include:
- Advanced predictive analytics
- Aggregate Resource Waterfall
- Data storage for 13 months for historical analysis
- Real-time alerting
- Single-page application support
AppDynamics Browser RUM works on delivering maximum user experience with its browser and mobile RUM solution.
It analyses your data to examine what is slowing down your page load time.
AppDynamics provides two RUM solutions to choose from, according to your needs;
- AppDynamics Pro
- AppDynamics Lite
It is an end-to-end performance management solution that helps you quickly identify the application and transactional errors.
It offers multiple benefits, such as:
- Significantly reduce the Mean time to repair (MTTR)
- End-to-end visibility
- Responds quickly with in-depth insights to individual user experience
- Code-level insights
Catchpoint provides accurate real user monitoring with proactive monitoring & troubleshooting solutions.
It offers quick and easy identification of errors by crunching the right data that affects the real user experience.
It helps you optimize performance while providing you with an accurate view of the user’s behavior. Catchpoint RUM also offers:
- Engagement estimator
- Flexible solution deployment
- Fully customizable data and reports
- Integrated synthetic and real user monitoring
- Site reachability diagnostics
Dynatrace RUM tool captures all the performance and user behavior data to generate real-time visibility of user experience.
It enhances digital experience monitoring by providing you with monitoring and tracking the application performance in real-time.
With the geo-location breakdowns and UX ratings, you gain behavioral intelligence with a complete insight into the end-user experience. It offers:
- A complete 360-degree visibility
- Gapless insight.
- Proactive troubleshooting
- Real-time AI-powered, full-stack, automated analysis.
Micro Focus’ Real User Monitoring is a powerful solution to help diagnose real-end user performance problems in production.
It allows drill-down to the specific app version, device, user flow, 3rd party service, or code that’s causing the trouble.
For a complete end to end experience, Micro Focus RUM supports both physical and virtual environments. Its benefits include:
- Increased flexibility.
- Enhanced security and confidentiality.
- Predictive alerting to avoid outages.
- It supports over 20 application protocols and applications.
- UX session replay.
Powered by Solarwinds, Pingdom is a reliable website monitoring software that provides high visibility into your end user’s interactions and experience in real-time.
It’s a quick and accurate monitoring solution with a simple dashboard. It has a 14 days free trial that includes both RUM and synthetic monitoring services.
Pingdom’s key features also include:
- Discover and Compare Usage Metrics Over Time.
- Easy to share and customize reports.
- Granular visibility with advanced filtering.
- Live mapping.
- Troubleshoot performance issues from the end-user perspective.
Raygun’s Real User Monitoring software for web and mobile generates deep insights into actual user experiences. It provides full visibility by analyzing the correct set of data proactively identifying the issues.
It helps improve application performance and measure the trends for maximum user experience. It also offers the following benefits:
- Custom alerts and reporting.
- Identify and diagnose poor front-end performance faster
- Advanced filtering to sort data by browser, geography, or device, and more.
Sematext is a quick and easy to use RUM solution provider with 360-degree visibility to enhance your front-end performance.
Sematext experience works on detecting anomalies and providing proper and timely alerts. It processes data from real user sessions for reporting and analysis.
Sematext RUM tool provides a website or webapp monitoring and optimization services with individual user sessions and page-level specific insights.
- Full resource waterfall views
- Monitor Your Apdex Score
- Quickly troubleshooting the user-reported issues.
- Real-time Automatic Alerts
- Support for Single Page Applications
Uptrends’ RUM is simple and easy to install tool for real-time data analysis. It has a free 30-day trial, after which you may choose from any of the basic or advanced website monitoring offers.
It offers API and server monitoring and supports Multi-Browser Monitoring. It’s a highly customizable platform with a compact dashboard and quick reporting options. Its benefits also include:
- Highly customizable dashboard.
- In-depth page views vs. performance analysis
- Load time breakdown per dimension.
- View the geographical distribution of users.
The market isn’t just limited to these nine real user monitoring software. There still are many other RUM tools that might fit better with your company’s requirements. You might consider any of these excellent open-source software too;
- Sentry (Developer)
- Cognizant CXOptimize
In this digital world, it is crucial to always keep a sharp eye on your user’s digital experience.
Real user monitoring tools help you attain just that. Organizations, big or small, need to understand the importance of real-user monitoring tools.
Figuring out the correct RUM tool is a serious undertaking. So, before making a decision, it’s essential to understand your goals, needs, and available resources clearly.
You May Also Like To Read-