Before we delve into the future of AIoT Technologies, it is important to grasp the original concepts that developed it.
Artificial Intelligence and the Internet of Things are two technologies that are setting industry standards. The two technologies have made our lives easier and our cities smart.
With the development in these AI and IoT, the industry is combining the two. The emerging technology is called Artificial Intelligence of Things.
Artificial Intelligence is the entire process of how a machine, device, or system learns and performs a particular task.
Internet of Things refers to the connection of devices to the internet, to collect, send and process data.
Artificial Intelligence of Things will collect data and intelligence. AIoT will then evaluate the information and perform tasks without any human interference.
The Future of AIoT Technologies:
The reason AI and IoT are combined is to evolve the two technologies. IoT devices collect and transfer the data but AI would act as the conscience of the process.
Here we will discuss the future of AIoT and the impact it has on the industry.
Once the technologies are combined it is important to understand what drives the technology.
Here is the entire workflow of Future of AIoT:
- Future of AIoT: Data Collection: The first step includes the creation and collection of data by the devices. The data is gathered with the help of sensors in the devices to collect multiple sets of data.
- Future of AIoT: Data Transference: The data once collected is stored in its respective sets usually in the cloud. It is easier to store heavy amounts of data in the cloud and costs lesser than installing hardware.
- Data Processing: The data is stored in the cloud servers for processing. The data is processed into phases based on the extraction and cleaning of significant data.
- Data Projection: The data processed is communicated through different networks. It is aggregated and analyzed into actionable information.
- Execution of Information: The actionable information collected is then put to practical use.
AI plays an important role in IoT. When combined the two make a powerful technology.
IoT merely collects data through devices that are connected to the internet. But AI builds the technique and makes the machines, devices, or applications independent.
IoT and AI are independent technologies that have an impact on various industries. It is the future of industrial automation and can lead the Industry 4.0 revolution.
AI in IoT tends to make human lives easier by allowing them access to manage devices at the palm of their hands. The most important role of AI in IoT is to enhance businesses and make them smarter to optimize profits and improve efficiency.
AI brings in the Machine-to-machine (M2M) learning factor in IoT. When such intelligent devices are connected it is a step closer to complete automation.
IoT also opens up opportunities for AI. IoT connects AI to multiple sets of devices to learn from and improve itself for the next generation.
- Future of AIoT: Increase in Efficiency: AI has helped automate industries with its machine learning abilities. It can also predict and perform tasks according to the data collected.AI can train IoT devices to be more intuitive to work towards the end goal. AI in IoT helps perform mundane tasks and enhance efficiency by diverting energy to more important objectives.
- Effective Risk Management: AI predicts the risk by studying the data collected by IoT devices. After identifying the threat it tries to diminish the number of risks that may come along.Businesses are better prepared for financial losses, cyber threats, fraud, and employee safety.
- Future of AIoT: Real-Time Monitoring: AI helps IoT devices while monitoring activities and tasks. It helps organizations keep a track of the in-flow of data and the actions that are taken on it.
- Innovation: AI and IoT collaborations create unique opportunities for businesses. It opens up the scope of developing new products, services, and solutions using AI and IoT to make lives easier.
- Future of AIoT: Improving Cybersecurity: Data plays a vital role in the world we live in today. Hence protecting that data is of utmost importance.The solutions that AIoT offers are beneficial for companies of all sizes, industries, and objectives. AI-enables IoT security solutions help make IoT environments safer for businesses and make them more reliable.
The manufacturing industry has been one of many to benefit from new technologies and solutions. Technologies like IoT, AI, deep learning, robotics, etc. have helped the industry expand its opportunities.
Utilizing robots help optimize operations, logistics, and supply chain management. Data created and collected from the devices can help predict challenges and prepare for them.
Autonomous manufacturing robots, automated supply chain management, predictive maintenance sensors are just a few of the examples. AIoT has transformed the industry by using smart equipment for different tasks.
IoT played a vital role in the emergence of the concept of Smart Home Technology. The concept refers to the devices and home appliances connected to a common network.
It aimed to make human lives easy and make devices more accessible for control. With AI the machines will learn the instructions and make decisions based on previous actions.
A person can remotely control the status of their home regardless of the location.
Now that individual homes have become smarter, why not create a building to match these homes and create new workspaces to complement the lifestyle. Smart residential and commercial buildings create more efficiency, cost management, and sustainability.
These smart buildings help maintain the safety of individuals working or residing. It also detects the presence of personnel and manages the temperature accordingly.
Retail outlets and stores have also benefited from AIoT. Management of inventory, staff and other operations have become simpler with the use of sensors and AI.
IoT devices like cameras act like sensors to observe customers and the staff’s movements. The data captured can help staff members prepare for peak hours and potential customers.
The data not only help manage and create strategies but also predict a customer’s movement until they make a final purchase. Although even if the customer does not reach the final stage, it also helps understand at what point in the purchasing journey did they quit and control that aspect.
One of the best examples of AIoT technology is autonomous vehicles. These smart instruments apply both AI and IoT to create self-driving vehicles.
The vehicles use IoT to connect the sensors and devices to the internet. AI enables the car to make calculated and human-like decisions.
The AI in the autonomous vehicle is trained to act according to its environment and conditions. The vehicles are trained to function according to weather conditions, traffic analysis, predict pedestrian behavior, etc.
Google Maps is a great example of AIoT used in managing traffic. The application uses AI to determine the nature of the traffic and connects to various devices to fetch that information.
Similarly, there are government-run devices and drones to keep an eye on the traffic. It helps maintain decorum on the road and reduces traffic violations.
Traffics management also creates opportunities to track vehicles and keep a regular check on them. Vehicles used for government officials, criminals, or people in serious danger.
Wearable devices like VR headsets and Smartwatches are examples of AIoT used in terms of entertainment. Although wearable devices have come a long way.
It provides solutions for Augmented Reality, Healthcare Technology, etc. These devices connect to the internet and collect data.
The devices then use AI to learn user behavior and transform themselves according to the user’s agenda. Wearable devices are the perfect gateway to bionic parts.
They were created to help enhance human experiences, but now the devices have come to a stage where they can replace human body parts.
Cyber threats are increasing daily. Cybersecurity needs to be able to learn and fight such threats.
Cybersecurity shall evolve with the requirements and at times shall also be ahead of the threats. This is possible with the help of AIoT.
Where AI learns and acts according to the data collected from different devices connected to the internet.
- Edge Computing: Today, AIoT helps with Smart Homes and Smart Cities. With edge computing, it has the potential to build home robots and more autonomous devices.
- Voice AI: Google Home, Alexa, Siri, etc. are examples of AI-enabled assistants. With the help of NLP, AIoT can help make payments with voice authentication and on-demand.
AI just any other technology has been improving continuously. AI is any machine, device, or application that uses calculated and intelligent insights to make decisions.
AI has come a long way and has made a tremendous impact on society. Yet, there are still limits to what it can achieve.
The machines today are not like the ones we see in movies. They have not yet reached the self-awareness stage.
Although AI has made tremendous contributions to healthcare, manufacturing, entertainment, online shopping, and many other industries.
It has helped healthcare professionals automate daily tasks like medical record maintenance to AI. This enables professionals to concentrate on their patients and provide them with the solutions they require.
The manufacturing industry has also had an impact due to AI. It has automated a lot of processes and created more safety for workers.
According to International Data Corporation, AI services, software, and hardware solutions are to grow by 16.40% CAGR in 2021 up to $327.5 billion. By the year 2024, it is estimated to grow up to $554.3 billion at the rate of 17.5% CAGR.
The number of active IoT devices globally is estimated to grow from 8.74 billion in 2020 to more than 25.4 billion by 2030. Hence, we will require a more steady technology to keep a track of these devices.
AIoT is the perfect solution to track these devices and evolve the technologies for the future.
You May Also Like To Read: